The musings of ME:
SAH mother of 3 kids, spouse of a doctor-in-residency, caretaker and teacher of random children.


Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Ally's nursery...so far

For some reason, it won't let me put these pics in the order I want to, so sorry if you have to scroll around some.
Here is the bedding I decided to go with so I didn't have to repaint all the nursery furniture. After it got here, I painted the walls a VERY light green, which you can kind of see from this picture.

Remember the brown cubbies that were behind my front door when I ran the preschool?  I painted them black, distressed them, and found these super-cute pink fabric bins at Target.  Gonna get a few more of these to fill most of the cubbies, but I thikn I'll leave some empty.  Thoughts?

This is a close up of the quilt and crib skirt so you can see the cute detail I tried to copy on the dresser.



And the dresser after I hand painted (and scrapbook papered) a similar design on it.


The dresser BEFORE...as it was in Sam's pirate room.

Close up of the detail work before I glued on the ladybugs.

Total cost of all paint and bedding:  abt $200.00, but I am betting having Ally in it...is priceless. 
(10 weeks left.)

No comments: