The musings of ME:
SAH mother of 3 kids, spouse of a doctor-in-residency, caretaker and teacher of random children.


Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Mountain Laurel...


When Ben completes residency and can practice on his own, this is the house we are looking at building.  He has always dreamed of a owning a log cabin on some land.  We'd like to build it on a hill somewhere in Sherman.  I love the huge open spaces on the inside (You can look at more pictures/blueprints on the Satterwhite website.) and the rustic look.  I love the porches and balconies, the double staircase, and the outdoor fireplace.  It even has an optional basement where Ben could have a man cave to sleep during the day when he has to work nights, but we'd have to find a place where the water table is higher because around here you can't have a basement or it'd fill with water.  We looked at it in more detail when we went to the log cabin show a few days after Ally was born.  The only thing I would change is the wood color.  I want a darker wood, I hate this yellow pine wood.  Yick!  What do you think?  Super big for a family of 5, I know, but you never know...we might still be expanding our family and if we don't (not making an announcement here people, I JUST had a baby, lol), it'd be a great place to have our big family holiday gatherings.  We'll see what happens, but it is fun to dream for now...

3 comments:

Tina said...

Oh wow Colleen!! Those pictures are to die for! What a beautiful cabin! I think you should go for it! I could see you living in a place like that. On one condition though... you have to invite me over at least once for dinner or a play date so I can see it!! :) Looks gorgeous and perfect!!

Howearning.com said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

88pascher.com sac a main louis vuitton sac burberry sac chanel chaussures puma chaussures nike tee shirts louis vuitton chanel femmes tee shirts sitemapproducts.xml sitemapproducts.xml sitemapproducts.xml sitemapproducts.xml