The musings of ME:
SAH mother of 3 kids, spouse of a doctor-in-residency, caretaker and teacher of random children.


Wednesday, February 4, 2009

23 weeks - not much to tell

According to the What to Expect When You Are Expecting book, I have entered into the 6th month today! YEAH!

I had my 4 week check-up yesterday and all is well. I have gained 5 lbs in the last 4 weeks which is not surprising considering all the junk I have been eating. Gotta get better about that. I am still under par for where I was with weight gain with Jackson, so I'm happy about that, but at the rate I'm going, I'll catch up fast.

I got scolded a little about how much Dr. Pepper I am drinking. Obviously my doctor has not read my blog and so is not informed on what my life is like. (Okay, that was a joke. I know it doesn't matter what my doctor thinks, I need to be healthier for the baby...)

Next month I have to take the fun sugar test, have my check-up sono since there is a wierd issue with fluid in one of the baby's kidneys (the dr is not worried about it, just wants to keep an eye on it), and have another check-up, so I'll be there for a while.

We are going back and forth with names. This poor kid may never have a name. We still like Samson the best, but Lincoln and Karson are serious options. Personally, I am hoping for a miracle that Ben agrees to Anderson. I think having an Andy and a Jack is kind of a throw-back to the 50's and I like it, but Ben is not having it.

Little Baby #2 is kicking all the time. He is quite strong. I can see his little kicks shaking my belly when I am taking a bath, but they aren't distint body parts yet. Sometimes I feel my whole uterus contract which happened with Jackson early, too, and I thought it was Braxton-Hicks, but my doctor said those contractions don't start this early. So what is it? I don't know. My theory is that this child is as strong-willed and determined to not be restricted in any way - just like Jackson.

To my friends who keep requesting belly pics, I have decided not to oblige. Looking back on my first pregnancy pics, I shudder. I think documenting the fatness of one pregnancy is quite enough. I look about the same now as I did then, so you can look at those pictures if you want to. Sorry. I am not eager to show the world right now. It is a good thing I work from home and can wear sweat suits if I want to. ;)

No comments: