The musings of ME:
SAH mother of 3 kids, spouse of a doctor-in-residency, caretaker and teacher of random children.


Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Doh!

Man, I have had quite the morning!  Since I know Ally can sleep through the night now, when she woke up at 4am, I let her cry it out.  At 5, she finally fell back asleep, as did I.  Then Ben had to get up for work a few minutes later.  Then Sam woke me up again at 6am, ready to get up.  I put a movie on for him so I could go back to sleep, but at 6:30 Jackson had apparently also woken up and they decided to have a screaming fight in the hallway right outside Ally's door, so she woke up again.  I gave up the fight and got up.

At 9:30, still in a half awake stupor, I got all the kids ready to take Jackson to preschool playgroup, locked the bottom lock and shut the door.  I then found out that I did not have the keys to the Armada in the diaper bag as I had taken them out and put them in my purse for my hot anniversary date last night.  I also had to no credit card to slide the lock open with as my wallet was also in my purse.  And to make matters worse, Ben had failed to put our hide-a-kay back in its location the last time he used it. So there I was, stranded on my front porch with 3 kids. 

Thankfully, I did have my phone since I grabbed it off the charger before walking out the door, and I was able to call a friend who happened to be nearby, to save me with HER credit card!  The funny thing is that yesterday I came across the empty hide-a-key container, noted that it was empty, and felt a prompting to go find the key and put it back in place, and I didn't listen.  That's what I get for not following the Spirit!  At least I didn't get a major humbling reminder, just a ten-minute annoying "doh!" moment.  Thankful fot that.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Oh no! I hate those kinds of mornings. I'm so glad your friend was nearby... phew!!!