The musings of ME:
SAH mother of 3 kids, spouse of a doctor-in-residency, caretaker and teacher of random children.


Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Tale of Despereaux


This is my absolute favorite children's book of all time. One year it was on the Battle of the Books list at Rann ES where I used to teach and I read it to my third graders. I fell in love with it. It is SO cute and I love how all the characters' stories come together in the end. After that first year, I would read it every year to my third graders, even though there were new books on the BOB list every year. I can't tell you how excited I was when I heard a plug for it on the radio last weekend. I almost had to pull over I was squealing so loud in my car. Poor Jackson didn't know what was going on! I haven't seen the movie yet, but I will see it and I hope you will all go see it too! But first read the book!! The author is Kate DiCamillo - same chick who wrote Because of Winn-Dixie if you are familiar with that great children's book...

3 comments:

nikko said...

We have been reading it to our boys at bedtime. It has been so fun to see them get so excited about reading it. Wait till they find out there is a movie!

I have a good life said...

I have never read it...but I will now! Sounds great! Miss you. I haven't talked to you forever! Merry Christmas.

Brittany Gillespie said...

Adon, Ashton, Benson, Braedon, Brendon, Brinton, Camdon, Cameron, Colton, Dalton, Dawson, Deagon, Dylon, Haydon, Harrison, Jason, Kaidon, Kamdon, Kingston, Landon, Mason, Paxton, Payton or Peyton, Preston, Talon, Trenton, Trevon, Triston!

I hope you like a few My fave is Benson get it Ben's Son! hahahahahhahahahahahahahahah J/K but I had to put it in there! it is kinda cute! Good luck and congrats!

Britt