The musings of ME:
SAH mother of 3 kids, spouse of a doctor-in-residency, caretaker and teacher of random children.


Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mother of 3


This is an old pic, but I have only taken pics of Addy with my phone, none with my camera yet. I'll post more later when I get a chance.

I am a Mother of 3 this week because when I went home to Tulsa last weekend for Race for the Cure, I brought back my niece, Addison. This wasn't planned, but it was just me and Sam so we had room in the Jeep. Plus, I only have 4 kids enrolled right now, so I can handle one more. Addy is 4 and such a great helper! I'm kinda thinking about askin' Meg if she wants to trade cuz Jackson is driving me crazy today!!

It is sweet to see how much Jack hero-worships her and what a great "big sis" she is to him. In the evenings after his friends go home, Jackson gets lonely and always wants to come sit on our laps while we watch tv or hangs on me while I am cooking dinner, but with Addy here, he has a buddy to play with. I actually sat down and watched an episode of Friends on t.v. on Monday night and I wasn't even nursing!!

She is having a blast in my preschool this week. I asked her if she was ready to go home and she said, "Hmmm, no, but maybe my Mama and my Daddy can come here." Then today on the phone she asked her mom if she could stay one more day. On Saturday we are going to go to the library and the zoo, then on Sunday, after church, we will go out to my aunt Sara's house in Celina and she can play with Chris and Aubrey's boys, her other cousins (once-removed ?), Keagan and Levi. Then we'll head to Atoka to meet my mom and sis halfway to give her back.

This is the first time I have really gotten to spend extended quality time one-on-one with Addy. It is so fun to see how much she is like Megan was as a child. She even looks like Megan did when she was little. Dark blonde hair, long eyelashes, olive skin and she has so much spunk in her tiny 4 year old body!! I just LOVE her!!

3 comments:

I have a good life said...

And...she is gorgeous. How fun. It sounds like you are really enjoying having her around. That is great. :)

I have a good life said...

Hope it is going well or went well. I think of you often.

Shana said...

What an awesome aunt you are! I agree that Addy is one cute kid!