The musings of ME:
SAH mother of 3 kids, spouse of a doctor-in-residency, caretaker and teacher of random children.


Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Priceless

I wish I had a picture of grouptime today. We sang "Shake Your Sillies Out." The whole group got so into it, and Jackson was shaking and clapping and trying to jump, too. It was hilarious. Then I taught them the Primary song, "Once There Was a Snowman." They were so cute when they were melting and again, Jackson was melting to the ground, too. He tries to sing the song and it comes out, "nomah, nomah, nomah" (snowman, snowman, snowman) and then, "mah, mah, mah" (small, small, small). I was singing it to him on the way to the teacher store on Saturday and then all through the store he was singing those parts to himself. He can actually carry a tune, too. He is so funny sometimes.

Yesterday afternoon he was randomly hugging the kids from behind. You can tell he is hugging because he wraps his arms around you and then says, "Mmm-mmm." I wanted to see if he knew all the kids' names, so I told him, "Go give L. a hug." He would look around, find L. and then go give him a hug. He wasn't satisfied until every kid had been hugged! He is very big on hugs and kisses these days. Thankfully he only kisses Ben and me. We'd be passing around all kinds of germs if he was kissing the kids because he refuses to kiss you anywhere but on the mouth.

One of his favorite activities is bringing things to me. I don't know how he decides what I "need", but inevitably it is a whole group of things. If I don't say thank you each time, he will say it for me. Yesterday he brought me all of our Nintendo games, then this morning he brought me about 6 plastic bears from the playroom. He gets this look on his face like, "Look mom, I'm such a good helper, huh?"

I love being a mom. He makes me smile every day. I can't wait to see what kind of personality baby boy Blake #2 will have. He is quite a kicker these days, so I bet he is just as active, if not more, as Jackson. Does life get any better than being a mom and wife (even when your husband annoys you with his video game selective hearing)?
;)

No comments: