The musings of ME:
SAH mother of 3 kids, spouse of a doctor-in-residency, caretaker and teacher of random children.


Wednesday, January 28, 2009

SNOW DAY!

AAAAHHHHHHH! Guess what I just did?

I just woke up from a 2 hour+ nap. Yup, sure did. At 12:30. On a weekday! and it feels SOOOO good!

Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD closed school today, so that means half my kids stayed home with their big brothers and sisters, and half are still sick.

Every single one of my kids stayed home today.

Remember when you are little and your parents said, "Don't cry or I'll give you something to cry about." Well, that is how I felt yesterday. Lately I heve just been complaining about how tired I have been and how I am at my max, and then yesterday happened (See Laughter Is the Best Medicine). I felt like that was the lesson I was meant to learn. That it could get much worse and I needed to just keep my mouth shut and grin and bear it.

Kerrsh! Roger! Lesson learned. Got it.

But today. The forces of the universe have given me a break!! I have done absolutely nothing but get up, get dressed, feed Jackson and take a nap. It is so awesome! Later, I plan to actually be productive, maybe prep the nursery for painting, do some lesson plans, run a block up the street to Wal-Mart (IF the roads are better), but right now, I am just being lazy, because let's face it, after yesterday, if anyone deserves this day, it's ME! ;)

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

HAHAHAHA AMEN! I would even take it a little farther and just relax your entire day! Play one on one with Jack....do something you'd never do during a weekday when all those kiddos are there! IT'S YOUR DAY GIRL:)

Kathy said...

YEAH! I am so glad this day happened for you. I am so glad! You more than anyone deserve it!