The musings of ME:
SAH mother of 3 kids, spouse of a doctor-in-residency, caretaker and teacher of random children.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I have so much to blog I don't know where to start!

This weekend I finished reading Confessions of a Shopaholic. About halfway through I had decided I didn't like it, it was a little too fluffy for me - the main character annoyed me with her stupidity and bad choices, but then I also identified with her. The story could have been written about me 7 years ago! Maybe that is why the main character annoyed me so much - I don't like that person I was very much. I liked the ending of the book, but it was a little predictable. I don't think I'll see the movie because it looks like it mostly presents the annoying character before she went through her change toward maturity, like that is supposed to be funny. In short, I would recommend this book to a friend (but not highly).

Sara and I worked on the new baby nursery off and on all day Saturday! We got the wall mural of the pirate ship finished, but we did not get to paint the other walls. I still need to get that finished - I'll add that to my never ending list of home projects and Spring Cleaning that needs to be done over Spring Break. The pirate ship turned out so cute! It really goes well with the bedding I bought. Now I am anxious to get the whole nursery finished and set up the crib, but I won't be able to have everything in order until a few months after the baby is born. I don't want to kick Jackson out of his crib until he is at least 2 which won't be until August! Besides, the baby will be in our room for the first few months anyway. ("The baby" is still yet to be named - sigh. At this point, we don't even discuss it. I am hoping the name will come through prayer becuase if it is left up to us, our son may be Baby Boy Blake forever.)

Today was SO not a fun day. I took Jackson to the doctor yesterday because he had a low grade fever and mild diarrhea all weekend. (Sidenote - this weekend was to be his first in nursery at church and he missed it! I know he'll love nursery, so I am bummed about that!) He started pulling at his ears so I thought he might have an ear infection. Dr. Chen said his ears looked red and so did his throat, but no infection. If his fever hit 101 or above, I was to call back and he'd call in some antibiotics. Last night, Jackson woke up and his fever was 102, so today Mrs. Olivia came (aka the super-awesome lifesaver sub that even cleans my microwave!) and took the entire group for me again, so I could keep Jackson away from the other kids. I don't know what he has, but if his fever is that high, I need to keep him away from the other kids, especially L., because that is my policy for the other kids as outlined in my parent contract. So, my day consisted of isolating Jack and myself upstairs, trying to keep him happy when he felt miserable, and was tortured by the sound of his friends playing downstairs. Plus, all the really good toys are downstairs, so he was just not a happy camper at all! AND he wouldn't eat anything all day and cried forever when I tried to get him to sleep when normally he goes down for bed and naps SO easy! He just plays with his puppy till he falls asleep. When he finally did take a nap, I ran out around noon to get his prescription that was called in at 9:00. CVS didn't have it ready. It was on the voicemail and they hadn't checked the voicemail for the day yet. (What??) I had to race back because I cold only afford Mrs. Olivia for 3.5 hours since she subbed for me yesterday for a couple of hours when I took Jackson to the dr. When the kids went down for nap, sick Jackson was just waking up and so I was on my own with everyone for the rest of the afternoon. Needless to say, it was a rough day.

Don't you feel like when it rains, it pours? At one point, I had 3 parents picking up kids at the same time, I was trying to change screaming Jackson's diarrhea diaper and keep his hands out of it (this is his new favorite thing - to reach down into the diaper - UUUUGGHH!) , 2 kids were still waiting for me to get them snack, and L. was waiting for me to change HER diarrhea diaper and clothes because it leaked out of her pull-up. (L.'s meds give her uncontrollable diarrhea sometimes, so although she is almost 5, she still wears a pull-up when on certain meds.) It was just crazy!!

After all my kids were picked up, I went to get a mani/pedi. At that point in my day, I would have paid $100+ for someone to slough my feet and give me a full foot and calf lotion rub, while sitting in the massaging chair! Good thing the nail ladies didn't know that! ;)

I am looking forward to a good night's sleep tonight. Maybe Jackson will feel better and sleep through the night tonight. I hope, I hope...

3 working days until Spring Break!!!!!!

No comments: