The musings of ME:
SAH mother of 3 kids, spouse of a doctor-in-residency, caretaker and teacher of random children.


Monday, August 31, 2009

Thank you

I've had a problem lately. Solving it was going to be tricky, and in order to solve it I was going to have to do something I am not good at and something I really, really didn't want to do.

So last night I prayed that I wouldn't have to do it, that everything would just work out and I could avoid facing my problem. Isn't that a pansy way to handle a situation? I know, I know, but I am such a wuss about this type of problem. Well, today, my problem did not go away. It actually was made much worse. But instead of stressing out and getting upset like I normally do, I had a surreal sense of peace in the moment. I handled the situation in a way that I never thought I was able to do and I handled it well. It may not be over, but so far, I faced it. I'm proud of myself, but most of all, I'm grateful that the Lord answers prayers the way he sees fit. He makes us into stronger people and lightens our burdens instead of allowing to shrink away from responsibility. Thank you, Lord.

Update: TODAY (9/1) I got to avoid the ongoing problem, but I'll have to face it again tomorrow. At least I got today off, because so far this day has been madness. Jackson is still coughing and today he was inches from a coughing turned puking fit all over me and Samson who was strapped to my chest. Thankfully he did it in the kitchen where I could mop up, and only sprayed himself, so I only had to strip him down and give him a bath while the kids watched the pre-nap movie. Please, please let them all sleep today! Please, please let Jackson not wake up with another coughing/throwing up fit...

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

it's frustrating sometimes isn't it... the way HE works! But in the end, luckily, we are able to see how he "did it for us". Hope your problem is soon over :)

I have a good life said...

Oh, Man. I am so sorry. Sounds exhausting. Hope your problem is resolved quickly. You are amazing and can do anything. Love ya.