The musings of ME:
SAH mother of 3 kids, spouse of a doctor-in-residency, caretaker and teacher of random children.


Thursday, June 19, 2008

Less than 2 weeks left!

When I was a sophomore in high school, I took an Honors Oklahoma History class in which I was asked to memorize 70+ Indian tribes and factoids about each group including how they dressed, where they originated and where they were displaced, if they were displaced at any time. Being in the top 10-15% of my class, I usually didn't have trouble cramming for tests, but I remember feeling so frustrated by what I felt were trivial insignificant facts as I studied for this test that I actually laid down on my kitchen floor and cried like a baby. (My mom shortly took me out of that class.) This is what Ben goes through just about every day in Med School.

Tonight I was quizzing him for a test he has tomorrow over drugs used to treat illnesses ranging from malaria to UTIs, and I don't envy him at all. As I struggled to pronounce the names of drugs and medical terms, he promptly rattled off how they treat the illnesses, what side effects they have, and how they should and shouldn't be used!

There is no question that he is leaps and bounds smarter than I am, and also that he has an enormous amount of patience and diligence that I certainly lack. Tonight, I just wanted to go lay on the kitchen floor and cry for him. What a guy I married! What a great doctor he will become! He has less than 2 weeks left and still he is going strong!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Hang in there! And if you decide to go cry on the kitchen floor let me know...I've been there...not necessarily on the kitchen floor...maybe try the couch or the bed next time. My favorite spot was actually the walk in closet.